City of Centennial Submittal and Approval Process
Submittal Instructions For Projects In City of Centennial
Visit the City of Centennial's Community Development Website
If a pre-submittal meeting is necessary SEMSWA will be involved in that process. If you would like to discuss your project prior to the pre-submittal process please call 303-858-8844 and ask for a Land Development Engineer.
Pre-submittal meetings occur at the City of Centennial Offices.
Applicant will receive a copy of SEMSWA’s pre-submittal notes at the pre-submittal meeting. Please click here to see an example of SEMSWAs pre-submittal notes. Preliminary review and permit fees will be determined at this time based on the information provided and by the use of SEMSWAs Fee Schedule.
If the City of Centennial deems that the project does not require a pre-submittal meeting please contact a SEMSWA Land Development Engineer directly to determine if there are any requirements.
Applicant prepares submittal documents and check for SEMSWA review fees.
If there are any questions during the preparation of the necessary documents required by SEMSWA please contact the Land Development Engineer that attended the pre-submittal meeting at 303-858-8844.
Set up a Submittal Meeting with the City of Centennial.
All SEMSWA review fees are due along with the required documents noted on the SEMSWA Pre-submittal Meeting Notes.
Approval Process For Projects in City of Centennial
SEMSWA is the final approval agency for the GESC plans and report, the Phase III Drainage Report/ Drainage Letter of Conformance and all Floodplain documents. We will also comment on the Construction Drawings, Easements, Operations and Maintenance Manuals etc. Our office will handle the recordation of the necessary documents and charge fees accordingly.
Once all documents and plans have completed the review process and are found to be in general conformance with the City of Centennial’s Stormwater Management Manual you will receive an approval packet from the City of Centennial which includes the following if applicable:
- A Memorandum of Design Approval will be sent to the City on behalf of your project. A copy will be forwarded to you to allow you to follow the instructions for submittal of final documents for stamping and approval. Here’s an example of that document: Memorandum of Design Approval.
- A Memorandum of Floodplain Modification Approval will be sent to the City on behalf of your project. A copy will be forwarded to you to allow you to follow the instruction for submittal of final documents for stamping and approval. Here’s an example of that document: Memorandum of Floodplain Modification Approval.
- A Memorandum of GESC Approval will be sent to the City on behalf of your project. A copy will be forwarded to you to allow you to follow the instructions for submittal of final documents for stamping and approval. Here’s an example of that document: Memorandum of GESC Approval.
It is important that you read and follow the final document submittal instructions so that your project can move into the permitting phase.
Most Popular Pages
For Park, Metro Dist. & HOA Maint.
Information For Businesses
- GESC Considerations for Pipe Relining Operations
- GESC Considerations for Minor Right of Way/Streetscape Construction
- GESC Considerations for Minor Commercial Construction
- Annual Bore Utility Permits
- Land Development Review Process Explained
- Am I in the Floodplain?
- Working in the Floodplain
- Maintaining your pond or other stormwater feature
- Grant Program
- Pollution Prevention