Since 2007, SEMSWA has provided stormwater management services for drainage and flood control facilities within its service areas in the City of Centennial and unincorporated Arapahoe County.
SEMSWA was formed by an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) in September 2006 between Arapahoe County, City of Centennial, Arapahoe County Water and Wastewater Authority, East Cherry Creek Valley Water and Sanitation District, and Inverness Water and Sanitation District.
SEMSWA’s activities include:
SEMSWA is also responsible for insuring compliance with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and other environmental regulations, and strives to educate the public about stormwater quality.
Mission: To provide flood control and stormwater management services for our community.
Vision: To be an innovative stormwater agency delivering timely and cost-effective solutions to our community.
Most Popular Pages
For Park, Metro Dist. & HOA Maint.
Information For Businesses
- GESC Considerations for Pipe Relining Operations
- GESC Considerations for Minor Right of Way/Streetscape Construction
- GESC Considerations for Minor Commercial Construction
- Annual Bore Utility Permits
- Land Development Review Process Explained
- Am I in the Floodplain?
- Working in the Floodplain
- Maintaining your pond or other stormwater feature
- Grant Program
- Pollution Prevention