Arapahoe County Submittal and Approval Process
SUBMITTAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROJECTS IN ARAPAHOE COUNTY
Please contact Arapahoe County Planning Division to see if a pre-submittal meeting is necessary for your project.
Visit the Arapahoe County Planning Division Website
If a pre-submittal meeting is necessary SEMSWA will be involved in that process. If you would like to discuss your project prior to the pre-submittal process please call 303-858-8844 and ask for a Land Development Engineer.
Pre-submittal meetings occur at the Arapahoe County Offices on Lima Street. Applicant will receive a copy of SEMSWA’s pre-submittal notes at the pre-submittal meeting. Please click here to see an example of SEMSWAs pre-submittal notes. Preliminary review and permit fees will be determined at this time based on the information provided and by the use of the Fee Schedule
Applicant prepares submittal documents and check for SEMSWA review fees. If there are any questions during the preparation of the necessary documents required by SEMSWA please contact the Land Development Engineer that attended the pre-submittal meeting at 303-858-8844.
Please follow the Arapahoe County submittal process. Arapahoe County will refer all necessary documents and fees to SEMSWA. Your payment for SEMSWA Review fees needs to be included with your initial submittal documents. Please make out a separate check to SEMSWA for those fees.
Approval Process for Projects in Arapahoe County
SEMSWA is the final approval agency for the GESC plans and report and a referral agency for the Floodplain documents. We will also comment on the Construction Drawings, Phase III Drainage Report/Drainage Letter of Conformance, Easements, Operations and Maintenance Manuals etc. Arapahoe County will handle the recordation of the necessary documents.
Once all documents and plans have completed the review process and are found to be generally in conformance with Arapahoe County’s Stormwater Management Manual you will receive an approval packet from the County which includes the following if applicable:
- A Memorandum of GESC Approval will be sent to the County on behalf of your project. A copy will be forwarded to you to allow you to follow the instructions for submittal of final documents for stamping and approval. Here’s an example of that document: Memorandum of GESC Approval.
- A Memorandum of Floodplain Modification Approval will be sent to the City on behalf of your project. A copy will be forwarded to you to allow you to follow the instruction for submittal of final documents for stamping and approval. Here’s an example of that document: Memorandum of Floodplain Modification Approval.
It is important that you read and follow the final document submittal instructions so that your project can move into the permitting phase.
Most Popular Pages
For Park, Metro Dist. & HOA Maint.
Information For Businesses
- GESC Considerations for Pipe Relining Operations
- GESC Considerations for Minor Right of Way/Streetscape Construction
- GESC Considerations for Minor Commercial Construction
- Annual Bore Utility Permits
- Land Development Review Process Explained
- Am I in the Floodplain?
- Working in the Floodplain
- Maintaining your pond or other stormwater feature
- Grant Program
- Pollution Prevention